St. Abramius of Galich or Chukhloma Lake
St. Abramius was a disciple of St. Sergius of Radonezh and lived at the Holy Trinity monastery for many years before receiving a blessing to retire to the wilderness. In the year 1350 St. Abramius settled in the Galich countryside and was deemed worthy to find, at this location, a miraculous icon of the Mother of God. Numerous healings took place through this icon and it received the attention of Prince Dimitri who, at that time, madeÂ contributionsÂ for St. Abramius to build a monastery.
St. Abramius, pray to God for us!
The Relics of St. Abramius