Mother of God "Kaluga" Orthodox Icon
The Kaluga icon of the Mother of God first appeared in the village of Tinkova (near Kaluga) in the year 1748. It was found in the attic of Basil Khitrov, who, at that time, had two servant girls cleaning. On of these girls, Eudokia, jeered at the icon when it was found and she was immediately stricken blind and mute. Only after there was a molieben served to the icon was she healed. Later this wonderworking icon was placed in the cathedral church in Kaluga.